Yowza Animation is seeking a Lead Character Designer to work on a really exciting upcoming kids show for Nickelodeon. We’re looking for portfolios that show a strong understanding of human/creature design, a strong and flexible design sense, good posing, face and hand expressions, and strong turnarounds.
Start date: May 2017
Term of Employment: Full-time in-house
Salary: based on experience
-Assisting our Design Supervisor in leading the junior character design team.
-Creating engaging, animation-friendly characters according to the style of the production.
-Translating character description and attitude from script to visual design
-Submitting multiple design variations and revisions based on feedback from Director and Clients notes
-Creating model sheets of character turnarounds and facial/anatomical expressions
• At least 3 years experience designing characters on a series
• Experience in Harmony is an asset
• Strong drawing ability and a solid sense of design for 2D animation
• Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school desired
• Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team environment
• Ability to communicate professionally and positively
• Well organized with good time management skills
• Willingness to give high-fives
• Must be comfortable to work with wacom tablet
Please submit your resume, portfolio and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following format for the email subject: Lead Character Designer-your name (e.g. Lead Character Designer-John Doe). No walk-ins or phone calls please. Only those being considered will be contacted for interview. Thank you in advance for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!
© 2016 Yowza Animation