Yowza! is the place for high-quality animation – that means drawing!
Our staff and crew are extraordinarily talented, smart, strong, wise, and supportive people
who will share their knowledge and are happy to learn from you.
We are currently looking for a talented location designer to work remotely for Yowza Animation on a 2D animation! This is a unique opportunity
for a skilled, motivated artist to work on a challenging and rewarding project with a large audiences, great client, and lovely crew. We value all humans who can draw!
Yowza! endeavours to provide a supportive, healthy environment for all people who work with us. We work with clients such as Warner Bros Animation, Disney, Universal, Teletoon, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and more, establishing solid relationships to develop gorgeous hand drawn animation in the 21st century.
Start Date: April/May 2021
Est. End date: TBD
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Remote
Salary: Based on Experience, benefits possible
The Location Designer role will be responsible for maintaining the creative look, style and design of a 2D show in alignment with the vision of the Executive Producer(s), Producers, Directors, Art Director and direction received directly from the Design Supervisor and Design Leads.
Must be familiar with the 2D animation pipeline and experienced in the creation of design production artwork. As the part of a company’s team, the designer helps set the culture of the production, as well as the culture of the studio. As such, the Designer is responsible for projecting stability, positivity and competence to the crew at large adhering to company policies as outlined in Yowza! Animation Employee Guidelines.
The artist will be tasked with delivering location designs to ensure the consistency of the look of the show while meeting the needs of the production schedule. Meeting a weekly quota while adhering to the directives & style of the project.
- Has an understanding of the 2D asset production pipeline and can anticipate the 2D design needs as well as confidently respond to Design Supervisor and Leads creative and technical questions about designs
- Has experience designing location for animation productions
- Strong understanding of Layout
- Follows the creative direction set forth by Producing and Directorial teams in the design process including tracking and meeting your deadlines with Production Staff
- Follow designs samples and directions (launch materials, roughs, redraws etc.) as needed to ensure that designs meet the quality requirements and deadlines
- As needed, generate and/or provide retake materials, promotional materials, CP materials, assets for special projects, etc.
- Photoshop experience, Toonboom Harmony Experience
Reports to – Executive Producer, Studio Line Producer, Line Producer, Art Director, Director, Design Supervisor, Design Lead
Applicants MUST be a resident of the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO and MUST have filed taxes with Ontario listed as their primary residence.
No walk-ins or phone calls please. Only those being considered will be contacted for interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!