Yowza! is the place for high-quality animation – that means drawing!
Our staff and crew are extraordinarily talented, smart, strong, wise, and supportive people
who will share their knowledge and are happy to learn from you.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day production and crew. Working closely with the Line Producer, Studio Line Producer and Executive Producer, the Production Manager oversees all production creative department schedules and deliverables to ensure the efficient completion of production.
Along with the Line Producer, the Production Manager has the unique position of overseeing the entire production schedule and being able to balance and prioritize needs across all departments, with the timely and efficient delivery of the project being the ultimate goal.
The Production Manager is a highly influential part of the production team and of the studio. As the part of a project’s leadership team, the production manager sets the culture of the production, as well as the culture of the studio. As such, the PM is responsible for projecting leadership, stability, positivity and competence to the crew at large adhering to company policies as outlined in Yowza! Animation Employee Guidelines.
Start Date: August 2022
Est. End date: TBD
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Remote
Salary: Based on Experience, benefits available
- Oversee day-to-day/week-to-week production progress and have a clear picture of the completion of the project at all times
- Ensure milestones and quotas are met and provide course-correction to the schedule as needed
- As departments start up, establish best practices and consistency for optimal operation for the duration of the show
- Prepare and distribute weekly internal and external production status reports as per Yowza procedures
- Manage the daily calendar of the Directors, in partnership with the coordinators
- Provide daily updates to the Producers and Finance Lead as needed
- Ensure communication among department leaders via weekly production meetings and any other meetings deemed necessary
- Track and manage the complexity of the studio along with the SLP, Art Director, VFX Supervisor, and IT coordinator
- Ensure that all production data and metrics are tracked via the internal tracker database and can be easily summarized on a daily basis in order to flag problem areas
- Trouble-shoot wherever necessary to ensure timely delivery of sequences; determine, with the SLP, when sequence-based schedules will be modified to meet efficiency or inventory demands
- Oversee production management staff, delegating duties, reinforcing consistency and ensuring follow-through
- Mentor the production management staff as well as the department heads, increasing their leadership skills, production knowledge, studio cultural understanding and collaboration
- With the SLP, LP and Supervisors, to develop and maintain crew morale
- Deliver feedback to direct reports, ensuring excellence is fostered and acknowledged; participate in and support the feedback process for all crew members
- Work with the SLP, LP, HR and all Management on all employee relations issues including recruiting needs
- Work with department managers and leads to determine show-specific training needs and implement a plan
- Manage day-to-day staff planning issues, such as hiring, review, firing, overtime and vacation requests
Applicants MUST be a resident of the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO and MUST have filed taxes with Ontario listed as their primary residence.
No walk-ins or phone calls please. Only those being considered will be contacted for interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!