Yowza! is the place for high-quality animation – that means drawing!
Our staff and crew are extraordinarily talented, smart, strong, wise, and supportive people
who will share their knowledge and are happy to learn from you.
We are currently looking for a talented Storyboard Artists to work at Yowza Animation. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled, motivated artist to work on a rewarding project a with large audiences, great clients, and a lovely crew. We value all humans who can draw!
Yowza! endeavours to provide a supportive, healthy environment for all people who work with us. We work with clients such as Warner Bros Animation, Disney, Universal, Teletoon, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and more, establishing solid relationships to develop gorgeous hand drawn animation in the 21st century.
Start Date: September 2022
Est. End date: TBD
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Remote
Salary: Based on Experience, benefits available
- Storyboarding assigned segments and episodes
- Reviewing scripts and storyboard materials in advance of the launch.
- Participating in storyboard launches with the Director and Asst Director.
- Addressing problems with supervisors and brainstorming creative solutions
- Ensuring storyboards align with the creative goals and vision of the series and encompass storytelling objectives
- Responsible for creating shots and sequences that dictate the action, timing, character movement and camera placement
- Pitch thumbnails or roughs to Assistant Director/ Director
- Revise shots and content as directed
- Responsible for ensuring that the vision and style of the show is consistent and adhered to across all episodes in the storyboards
- Meet and maintain deadlines as per the schedule
- Minimum 3 years of storyboard experience
- Proficient in Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 7
- Strong Knowledge of staging and composition
- Strong drawing and mechanical skills, detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and work will under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong time-management skills, reliable
Applicants MUST be a resident of the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO and MUST have filed taxes with Ontario listed as their primary residence.
No walk-ins or phone calls please. Only those being considered will be contacted for interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!