Yowza! is the place for high-quality animation – that means drawing!
Our staff and crew are extraordinarily talented, smart, strong, wise, and supportive people
who will share their knowledge and are happy to learn from you.
We are currently looking for a talented Technical Director. This is a unique opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated person who want to work on a challenging and rewarding project.
Start Date: November 2020
Est End date: TBD
Term of Employment: Full-Time, In-House
Salary: Based on Experience
Quick outline of expectations:
- Pipeline development in python and java (fTrack, Pype, Muster, Harmony, Adobe Creative suite)
- Lead a team of developers of varying experience and train/mentor them in all aspects of pipeline.
- Migrate existing custom pipeline tools to fTrack/Pype platform.
- Alternatives to fTrack development (i.e. Shotgun/Deadline) will be a considered option.
- Work closely with production and artists to define and meet requirements for production in a timely manner.
- Outstanding talent for short term and long term planning and successfully balancing them.
- Professional, friendly manner.
- Monitor tracking system and render farm
- Provide technical support to leads
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Attending pipeline and production meetings
- Coordinating with I.T. staff to provide timely solutions to complex problems
- Design, develop, and extend a wide range of user experience frameworks, features and workflows
- Identify and optimize bottlenecks in production pipeline
- Collaborate with supervisors and artists to produce workflows
- Develop and maintain 2D rendering pipeline
- Maintain and extend proprietary asset management system
- Develop script for Toon Boom suite of products (Harmony, Storyboard)
- Develop script for Adobe suite of products (After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere)
- Develop script for render farm
- Develop Linux shell / Windows batch scripts
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant higher education in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of asset/production management systems
- Knowledge of render management systems
- Meet digital delivery requirements as outlined by clients
- Knowledge of network infrastructure
Asset, But Not Required
- Knowledge of fTrack and Pype
- Experience in animation production
- Experience in database administration
- Experience as a full-stack web developer
- Experience with Flask/Django and MongoDB
- Experience with Qt
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom suite of products
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite of products
- Understanding, creating, manipulating, and querying databases
- API / back-end code in one or more languages, e.g. Ruby, Java, Python, etc.
- Project management / client work
– Gathering requirements
– Creating technical specifications and architecture documents
– Creating good documentation
– Managing a project timeline (e.g., someone who knows Agile/SCRUM/Kanban)
Applicants MUST be a resident of the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO and MUST have filed taxes with Ontario listed as their primary residence.
No walk-ins or phone calls please. Only those being considered will be contacted for interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!